Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Out takes

Every photographer has out takes from shoots that they like but aren't portfolio material. Here are a few of mine!

This is my friend and fellow classmate Natalie. We were in downtown Greensboro one night, shooting long exposures off the top of a parking deck. I got this shot when she was shooting her friend Josh. The only light was a street lamp on top of the parking deck.

This is another friend and fellow classmate Anna Tucker! She sat for me when I was shooting portfolio and this is one of the shots I didn't submit.

Macro shot of a bee butt as he was hurrying around and drinking from honeysuckles.


Macro shots of Walker (top) and Brandon's (bottom) eyeballs with my new LED ringlight.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Molly, nice intro into the blog world, it looks good. I really enjoyed your image 'Outtakes'. I have always been fascinated by what takes place behind the scenes. As you portrayed in this image, some of the most interesting and fun images are to be had -behind- the camera or the scene, rather than through our viewfinder at our original or intended subject. I think that the lighting in this scene, whether you influenced it or not, seems to convey the feeling of intimacy - like we, the viewer, are getting a glimpse of something special - and we are. I know it can sometimes feel like you are showing your hand, so to speak, to have someone watching you as you work - and this image, to me, conveys that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Holly!!
    All of them are beautiful!
    I especially love the eyes and portrait of anna.
    GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last two are incredible shots. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't agree that these aren't portfolio material. The shot of Natalie shooting is fantastic. With her crouching down and backed into a corner, I feel like she is shooting something really big and possibly very hungry. A little fill flash would have helped pull some details out of the shadows. I am a little conflicted on the crooked horizon line. It is something I would probably fix, but I like my lines straight. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just crazy to see the eye so close. How did you get the catchlights in the eyes like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. With my new ringlight. Isn't that crazy?!

    ReplyDelete