Friday, September 2, 2011

How Time Flies...

So I got to thinking earlier, about how far I've come since I started the RCC photography program a year ago.  I look around and see all these first year students, excited to find out what's ahead of them and I can't help but be a bit jealous!  I, myself have grown so much both as a person and a photographer, but I am also blessed to be surrounded by such talented, inspiring, and encouraging people -- fellow students and instructors alike.  There really is no better place on earth to learn this skill and I feel like I'm finally somewhere I belong.

It really is unbelievable that a year has flown by, and I'm sure this next year will go by even faster!  With our first internship coming up in a little over a month, I'm starting to realize how soon I'm going to be out in the real world on my own.  I can only hope and pray that I will stay in touch with the people I have come to know and love.

I know, I'm probably jumping ahead of myself.  I've still got quite a bit of time!  This blogpost is a bit heavy for such a lovely, summer evening; so for now, I suppose I'll sit back with my Starbucks and enjoy this long weekend!



4 comments:

  1. You're not the only one! Hands down, RCC was the best 2 years of my life. And yes, it flies by before your eyes. I can't believe it's been over a year since I've graduated! Enjoy it to the fullest, and live it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! Im so excited to be learning so much and so close to finishing, but its so bittersweet. I will miss this school more than anything, RCC is the best place to be, seriously.

    ReplyDelete