Saturday, June 18, 2011

Calvin Klein's One Summer

For our product lighting class, we had an assignment where we had to shoot a product using only available light.  That means no strobe, no hot lights -- nothing but the sun serving as the main light source.  For this specific shot, I used two pieces of white mat board as the background.  I shot this around 7:30 in the evening, when the sun was low and directional.  Then I used my silver reflector to throw some fill light on the front of the bottle and to add a little bit of specular highlight on the cap.

3 comments:

  1. Holly this shot is perfect! You really know what you're doing when it comes to this sort of thing! Simple, clean, seamless...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! This looks like a real add, very crisp. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Alyssa. You nailed this.

    ReplyDelete